Improvements that are eligible for C-PACE financing must be permanently affixed to the qualifying commercial or industrial property and have a useful life of 10+ years.
Energy Efficiency Improvement Projects. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Automated building controls (BMS, EMS)
- Boilers, chillers, and furnaces
- Building envelope (insulation, glazing, windows, etc.)
- Combined heat and power (CHP) systems
- Fuel cells
- High-efficiency lighting
- Hot water systems
- HVAC upgrades
- Roof replacement that improves energy efficiency (reflective/cool roof, enhanced insulation, or combined with a solar system installation)
- Variable speed drives on motors, pumps, and fans
- Waste heat recovery technologies.
Renewable Energy Projects. Examples include:
- Geothermal systems
- Hydroelectric systems
- Small wind systems
- Solar photovoltaic (roof upgrade/replacement for rooftop systems is also eligible)
- Solar thermal.
Resiliency Projects. Examples include:
- Indoor air quality systems
- Seismic retrofits
- Stormwater systems that reduce on-site or off-site risk of flash flooding
- Wind and fire resistance.
Water Efficiency Improvement Projects. Examples include:
- Irrigation systems that improve water efficiency.
- Water efficient fixtures (low-flow faucets, toilets, etc.).
In addition, the cost of improvements that are directly related to the installation of eligible improvements may be included in the financing, e.g. roof upgrades to support a roof-mounted solar PV installation.
This list is not all-inclusive and is expected to change over time. If a proposed improvement or expense is not on this list, contact the program administrator with a description of the improvement or expense for consideration.